Nursery crushes

Okay, let me just say this first: no babies here. Just in case you were wondering, you know? (And if you weren't, well then...er, sorry for sharing more than you needed.)

BUT. I just have to post these here because I absolutely love them and if I were pregnant (which I'm not), I'd be busily turning the office into something inspired by these beautiful spaces.

First one up is Ashley Campbell's nursery for her daughter. I first saw it on Design Sponge. I adore, of course, all that white, but I'm also really drawn to the cheery pinks and oranges, in addition to all the vintage touches. And that repurposed bed made out of pallets and an old door? Love love love.



Second up is this wonderful nursery, a collaboration between Barb Blair of knack studios and Teresa Roche of Art & Light. I love the unexpected use of chocolate brown in the ceiling and the magical woodlands feel to it. I am particularly attracted to the fact that nothing is baby-themed here, which is just how I'd like a nursery:



Finally, this nursery, belonging to Dan Gneiding's baby daughter... Where do I start on what draws me to this one..? It's that combination of a collection-of-vintage-items-accumulated-over-time feel, with a modern twist (like the yellow on that antique crib). There is something very lived-in and a little bit bohemian about it that I just love so.




(images: 1.-3. via apartment therapy; 4. via knack; 5. via designsponge; 6.-9. via head over heels)

Comments

  1. Wow. These are gorgeous! I wish I had seen such pretty pictures before we had Oliver! He got a crib in the corner of our room, poor kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if having a baby means having one of these awesome nurseries, then sign me up today! they are absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so gorgeous! The third one is such a unique space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. forget the baby... that third one is good enough for ME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fluff Warning (sorry). I've heard that what you dislike most in yourself is what you tend to dislike in others. Anyway...on to the fun stuff. No babies here either, but so much to love in these photographs. The pallet (my dad always called them skids) bed is wonderful and I'd like to have the mobile in the woodlands themed nursery for myself. Many of these ideas are transferable to non-nursery rooms. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (Ha! Yes, I've heard, Denise, and I'm painfully aware. Hee, hee..!) And yes, I love that the "baby" part of these nurseries is almost circumstancial - take out the crib, and these rooms are great for any age group, which is why I like them so much.... (and, now that I think of it, Bill calls them skids, too. Hmm.)

    -maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Eames rocker with the owl pillow! Too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my! oh my! are you sure there are no babies? I have to say this pushes me in that direction a bit...hehe...xo t

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the branch mobile. That could be used in any room! My babies are no babies anymore, but great kids rooms are so comforting. Wonderful picks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your blog--love it! Thanks for all the photos and links . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey girl....these are all gorgeous.....especially that second one!! hee hee...

    thanks for the mention....love you for it.....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really described the appeal of these to a "t!". I love them all...colorful, interesting, and completely unique!

    -pssst- thanks for the mention and the link love!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never seen a nursery I like more than Dan Gneiding's daughter's! SOO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh no. now i'm obsessed with having an uber cool nursery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Know that I appreciate your thoughts, even if I may not always get the chance to reply. Thanks again!