The bedroom

Our second floor is basically an attic expansion, and except for a bathroom and a tiny room on the front side of the house, it is all wide open. Although originally we'd put our bed in that little front room, we decided to move our "bedroom" to the open loft area, on the back of the house. We ripped out old carpet and were pleasantly surprised to find wood floors, which we painted white. I've always wanted white floors, and since these had already been painted (a shoddy brown) and were in pretty bad shape, Bill agreed to let me go with it.














With a kid and a dog, I am sure I will be repainting in the near future, but for now, I am loving it.


The dresser I got at the Habitat for Humanity store - it was in the "free" pile. It needed work, but I think it's perfect for the price.


















The mirror is vintage, the clock is from L.L.Bean, and the frame with my sweet boy's picture is from Fragment Freaks, a great ebay store well worth checking out.


We fit a small secretary in the corner where the open staircase is; we keep the laptop and all of the wi-fi and DSL wiring in there, so I made a little curtain with Amy Butler fabric to hide it all. Can you tell I am a little bit OCD? I get a desk with a door, but then I still have to hide the mess when the desk is open! *sigh..!*


We love waking up in our new bedroom; there's something about the quality of the light, and the feeling of being on treetops that's pretty magical.

Comments

  1. AnonymousJune 27, 2009

    Love love lovey the bedroom. Breezy beautiful. Nice piece of Internet real estate you've got going here, little lady!

    :) Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cheri! Stop by again any time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear maria, came across your blog and have loved seeing all of your home renovation projects. my husband and i just got started on our first house and are planning to paint our floors white. would you mind telling me the paint you used to paint the ones in your bedroom? also did you sand and/or use a primer? thanks so much.
    best,
    sarah
    http://shellandseaglass.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you tell me what color you used on the walls in here? It is the perfect grey!!
    Loving your style, stunning...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous, thank you. The color on the walls is Benjamin Moore's Coastal Fog (AC-1).

    As for the floors (I think, Sarah, I answered this privately, but I'll do it again in case anyone else is wondering): they were already painted, so I simply lightly sanded them and then painted them with Ben Moore's porch and floor paint in White (01).

    -maria

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Know that I appreciate your thoughts, even if I may not always get the chance to reply. Thanks again!