The office - a work in progress

What I love the most? The bird's eye view we get of our tree-lined street through our beautiful, old windows, wavy glass still intact.


This is the rocking chair that Bill's mom used to rock Bill to sleep when he was a baby. It was given to us when Noah was born, so he too was rocked on this chair.

We've ordered some hooks and we'll hang Bill's guitars from the wall - they'll be accessible and off the floor, which makes my sweet husband very happy. And the sheer orderliness of it of course appeals to me. (Yeah, I know.)


The desk is made of a hollow-core door ($24 at Lowes) resting on an old metal bookshelf on one side and file cabinet on the other, both of which we got at the Habitat store. I painted them white and hung a little curtain to hide the open shelves. We're not quite done, but I do think we got quite a bit accomplished for a Sunday afternoon. Especially after we'd tackled the den and the dining room that same weekend!

More on all house projects soon... It is almost the weekend after all!

Comments

  1. yay! we have a finished attic in our new apartment that we plan on making into office space for both james and me! i'm off to ct this weekend for a wedding and a trip to the hardware store with my dad...hoping to furnish a desk very similar to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got all that done in one day?! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah you're so good with the clean lines. and your house has so much nice open space! (at least to a nyer like me)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like the perfect studio space, all of that natural light has me swooning :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are indeed a busy bee! The room's looking great so far. With light and a window like that, you just can't go wrong :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria-- All that light looks wonderful! And I absolutely love the desk you made. You're very resourceful. The curtain you made for it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All it's missing is a dog bed! And boy today, I would lie myself down on it and take a long nap. Lena move over!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this room is so calming and the i love the color of the walls! good job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, simple, and calming...great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. have I already told you this? I am moving in...seriously! xo t

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the wall color! Would you mind sharing? I'm in need of painting my office and my guy's office, so I need 2 colors. Love your color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ashley - the color is Silver Sea (SR209), from Lowe's Seaside Retreat Signature collection. Hope you like it on your walls, too. It's a very soothing color...

    -maria

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the round shaggy rug, would you mind if I asked you where you found it? ( in the workspace)I'm looking for one to put in my little girls room.Just found your blog and I'm very impressed, I'll be adding you to my favorites! Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lucy - Thanks! I found the rug at Target a while back... They might still carry it, though. Hope that helps, and thanks for stopping by!

    -maria

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Know that I appreciate your thoughts, even if I may not always get the chance to reply. Thanks again!