Farmhouse goodness

If you've been following this blog for a while, you know of my love of white floors,

my deep appreciation for all things vintage,

my attachment to chalkboard paint (the smudgier the better),

and my sincere affection for design that borrows from Swedish aesthetic...

In short, you know I have a soft spot for old houses and the people who love them,

so it should come as no surprise that I adore the farmhouse that Sacha Dunn and Edmund Levine share with their son Max and pit bull-whippet mutt, Winnie, in Upstate New York.

To see more of Dana Gallagher's photos and read about the story and details of the remodel, visit Country Living here.

(many thanks to lovely nelya at head over heels for reminding me of this little gem!)

Comments

  1. such gorgeous light, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful farmhouse! The right amount of modern, clean elements so that it does not look old-fashioned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are gorgeous...and I love the same things you love! Bookmarking this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that´s really gorgeous! as an owner of a very old small house I really know HOW much work it is to renovate such an old house!!!you never never will come to an end...*sigh* ;o)
    have a great day today! geisslein

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a perfect dining room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love these pics...love that blue piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want white painted wood floors :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to agree with everything you said. I love what they did with the place!

    And thank you for the mention and the link. I'm glad you enjoyed the post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmm love white....though i have learnt that i'm too grubby to have pale sofas, wont make that mistake again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the white floors too
    dallas
    http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm trying to sell the hubs on chalkboard paint! I think our little man would love it. : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Know that I appreciate your thoughts, even if I may not always get the chance to reply. Thanks again!