Crochet love...what do you know?

Frankly, this post started with my obsession du jour, wallpaper (click here for more). I found this little lovely at Rapture & Wright and I am smitten with the color, first, but also with the lacey, crochet-inspired pattern.






















I found this idea through Skona Hem. A beautiful way to add texture to an all-white room.

I am loving these crocheted dishcloths I saw on Apartment Therapy. You can get them from scullerymade on Etsy. Very sweet.


















Made out of an old crochet tablecloth and grosgrain ribbon, this next craft is meant to be a hairband, necklace or tie-back for curtains. The lovely picture is by Frances Janisch, via Sweet Paul.

I adore the simplicity of Paul's idea - I could see making it a little longer and hanging it like a garland somewhere around our kitchen sink at home (for more on our kitchen, click here):


...or maybe lining the edge of the shelf we put above the sink... I'll have to play around with this idea!

Finally, these floor pillows are simply awesome. I found them via Design Sponge; you can actually read the DIY instructions in their entirety here. The incredible talent behind these pillows (which are made out of old sheets!) is Anneli Martin of Bird and Lard. I'm in love. I may have to try my hand at this some day... Add it to the list!



(images: referenced in text above)

Comments

  1. Crochet love--be still my heart! You really got my brain clicking with ideas for my next projects. I think the garland idea is a winner.

    I found your blog through "Reading my tea leaves" and really like your style. I loved the post about your bathroom remodel. I wish my bathroom looked like that! Keep up the excellent posts. I'll definitely keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving it all....the necklace is speaking to me:)

    Happy Tuesday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allison, I am so glad you found the blog..! I wish my garden looked like yours... I always start with the best intentions in the cool of early Spring, only to have it be overrun by weeds by mid-June... I just can't bear the heat. or the bugs. Thanks for the kind note, and I hope you'll stop by again!

    Barb, I am so happy to see you here..! I will stop by your studio soon - maybe as soon as Friday, if you're around...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    What eye candy !, I too am loving those dishcloths and that kitchen is adorable!
    thanks for sharing such beautifully inspiring pics.

    Torie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have to say... looking through your blog makes me feel like i'm in some sort of fantasy land.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I'm late but I just found your blog. The crochet is lovely (I like the lamp & big pillows) BUT I LOVE that shot of your kitchen...I could live there. It is eactly what I hope to have someday :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Know that I appreciate your thoughts, even if I may not always get the chance to reply. Thanks again!