Lovely things

As some of you may know, I have been dreaming of wallpaper lately. I do find myself branching out into the world of decals, too, which I know have been around for a while now and for all I know may be on the verge of extinction...but I think once the dust has settled, some decals will prevail. Plus, I happen to like decals, mainly because I'd be afraid of not ever-EVER being satisfied with my attempts at drawing and then painting little scenes or details on a wall. It would become an endless project in my quest for unattainable perfection, I'm afraid.

It so happens then that thanks to Leah Hennen of More Ways to Waste Time, I found a lovely example of the perfect compromise: a decal that is reminiscent of hand-painted work. I think I may just be in love.


To see more of Genevieve Smith and Anna Conklin's work, visit Magpie Decorative Painting.

Comments

  1. this is super lovely....xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beyond lovely. I fantasize about wallpapering a single wall in our main floor--the boyfriend has yet to buy off and I don't have the energy to push it quite yet--maybe after the bathrooms are renovated!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Know that I appreciate your thoughts, even if I may not always get the chance to reply. Thanks again!