Sweet ideas

So, I am not a brooch-wearer, but I thought this idea I found on this month's issue of Country Living was really sweet... Why not turn those vintage brooches and pins into refrigerator magnets? I love it. For easy, step-by-step instructions, click here. I have a feeling my blog friend Celia would like this brooch idea... (Have you guys met, btw? You should hop on over to her blog just to see how very cool and funny that woman is!)

And this beer sweater? Can you say cute?? (And can you tell I'm ready for cooler weather?? I'm lusting after bottles with sweaters, people.) Anyway, I just couldn't resist it.... It's the work of NC artist Zach Crain, made of reclaimed sweaters, so each one is different. You can find it here.

Comments

  1. first of all, yes... i LOVE that idea!!

    second, i hear you on the cold weather. we got a new down comforter at the shower and a part of me wants to bust it out and pretend it's not supposed to reach 100ยบ today. can you say, gross?

    third, you are too sweet! i really appreciate you mentioning me!! thank you to you too! and, you should know that i link you because you, obviously, have some cool taste!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i just love that vintage brooch idea - so lovely! :) thanks for sharing! i dont get country living so i would have never known!

    xo. danni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, LOOOOVVVVE the bottle sweater (this from the gal who knitted coffee-cup holders one year -- I'll knit you one!). And the brooch idea. And that you spelled brooch right. What a weird word!

    This is the part where I tell you that the yarn just arrived for my washcloth knitting project:
    http://www.purlbee.com/the-purl-bee/2009/8/21/whits-knits-log-cabin-washcloths.html

    and remind you that those guys are my favorite crafty blog...and that you need these washcloths.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart sank and jumped at the same time when I saw that photo in CL because I've been doing it for years. I felt like someone had taken away one of my "good ideas" but also proud that one of my ideas was in a magazine. I probably certainly am not the first person to have that idea, but I like to pretend I am...

    ReplyDelete
  5. love, love the vintage brooch magnets....so very sweet! xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Know that I appreciate your thoughts, even if I may not always get the chance to reply. Thanks again!